Mission Secure, Inc. (MSi) is an investor-backed, early stage cyber defense company providing next generation solutions to protect physical assets and control systems from cyber attacks. The patented MSi Platform protects assets in defense, oil & gas and smart cities.
We are looking for an Application Developer with extensive C/C++ experience to develop and support applications targeted for Linux, embedded and other systems. Knowledge of Python, security, and network protocol software development is desirable. This position offers the opportunity to improve your skills, learn about new systems, and be part of or our team and exciting company aimed at protecting mission critical cyber physical systems.
- Review and participate in software design and architecture planning
- Develop applications to support distributed data collection and analysis
- Create and implement system protocol interfaces and analytical algorithms
- Optimize applications for performance and security
- Support new and existing customer deployments
- Work with other MSi staff to
- Create platform design and documentation
- Build testing environments and participate in QA of solutions
- Learn and build various example target/customer environmentso
- Support internal efforts related to MSi products
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full- time basis. We are unable to provide sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or technical equivalent (desired)
- 2+ years experience in a related or equivalent position
- Experience with C/C++ development
- Experience with Python development
- Experience working in Agile software development methodology
- Experience in development and protection strategies using general purpose and object-oriented programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Python, or Ruby
- Experience with designing software systems for resource constrained class computing platforms (e.g., Arm-based, Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone Black)
- Knowledge of and experience developing systems using network and system protocols including UDP TCP/IP, Serial, USB, etc.
- Working programming knowledge of standard security practices for securing and encrypting data
- Proficiency working with and configuring Linux and embedded operating systems
- Analytical thinking self-starter comfortable working with technical team and customers in a resourceful and creative manner
- Strong organizational skills and ability to execute on multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to travel occasionally
- Hardware/operational experience with ICS/SCADA/sensor systems is preferred
Status: Full-time position is immediately open.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Participation in the Company Stock Option Plan
- Company Health Plan (Medical, Vision, Dental)
- Paid vacation plus standard company holidays
Interested candidates should email a cover letter with the subject “MSi Application Developer Position - Houston” describing his/her background and why he/she would be a good fit for the position along with a resume to Jobs@MissionSecure.com.