Business Development Manager, Oil & Gas
Mission Secure, Inc. (MSi) is an investor-backed, early stage cyber defense company providing next generation solutions to protect physical assets and control system environments from cyber attacks. The patented MSi Platform protects assets in defense, oil & gas and transportation.
We are looking for an oil and gas sales expert with knowledge of industrial control/SCADA and oil and gas systems (primarily mid stream), and/or cyber security, and a desire to join our highly skilled and motivated sales and marketing team. This position is based in Houston, TX. If this describes you, please read the below responsibilities and qualifications and then contact us about this opportunity to join our team and be part of an exciting company aimed at protecting mission critical control systems and cyber physical platforms.
- Develop sales opportunities with oil & gas system owners/operators and decision makers, primarily but not limited to the U.S., to purchase and deploy the MSi platform focused on production control networks/operational technology/industrial IoT (i.e. not enterprise IT), SCADA.
- Progress oil & gas opportunities through all phases of the sales cycle including independent lead generation (and in conjunction with company marketing efforts), setting up and conducting prospect meetings, product demonstrations, proposal development, opportunity tracking via the company CRM and most importantly, closing sales.
- This is a “hunting and closing” position.
- 5+ years of a successful sales track record in oil and gas under a base salary plus commission structure. Knowledge of and experience with control systems and and/or cyber security is a major plus.
- Current network of oil and gas industry decision makers who could become MSi customers. Midstream relationships a strong plus.
- Analytical thinker, self starter, comfortable working with customer and MSi team members from a variety of technical and operational areas
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people skills to interact with customers, colleagues and third parties
- Experience working at an early stage technology company is a strong plus.
- A proven track record of generating leads and closing deals is a must.
Status: Full-time position is open immediately.
Location: Houston, TX
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary plus commission
- Participation in the Company Stock Option Plan
- Company Health Plan (Medical, Vision, Dental)
- Paid vacation plus standard company holidays
Interested candidates should email a cover letter with the subject “Business Development Manager, Oil & Gas” describing his/her background and why he/she would be a good fit for the position along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.