Cyber Security Specialist
Mission Secure, Inc. (MSi) is an investor-backed, early stage cyber defense company providing next generation solutions to protect physical assets and control system environments from cyber attacks. The patented MSi Platform protects assets in defense, oil & gas and smart cities.
We are looking for a Cyber Security Specialist with a deep knowledge of system and network security risks and attack methods, system vulnerability analysis techniques and security risk mitigation strategies. The work will be performed both independently and in small teams. If this describes you, please read the below responsibilities and qualifications and then contact us about this opportunity to join our team and be part of an exciting company aimed at protecting mission critical control systems and cyber physical platforms.
- Help assess, identify and articulate threat/risk profiles for cyber-physical systems in military, government and commercial applications
- Work with system operators and designers to identify cyber vulnerabilities in system architectures and in assessing impacts of attack scenarios to their systems
- Assist MSi technical team with
- Analysis of customer systems/missions as part of vulnerability threat assessment and optimal cyber defense design and implementation
- Identification and demonstration of potential exploitations and protections of physical and cyber systems
- Testing and optimization of new cyber defense design implementation strategies for various systems/missions
- Improving vulnerability assessment tools and protection and response methodology
- Advise the company on general cyber security topics
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full- time basis. We are unable to provide sponsorship for employment visa status.
- 2+ years experience in a related or equivalent position required
- Must be willing to travel
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or technical equivalent (desired)
- Proven experience with cyber security risk, vulnerability, assessment methods and mitigation techniques
- Detailed understanding of technical skills needed for identifying system vulnerabilities such as reverse engineering, digital forensics or digital media exploitation, network architecture, and programming code
- Experience in development and protection strategies using general purpose and object-oriented programming languages such as C/C#/C++, Java, Perl, Python, and Ruby preferred
- Proficiency working with Linux, MacOS, and Windows operating systems
- Security relevant knowledge of network and system protocols including UDP TCP/IP, Serial, USB, etc.
- Analytical thinking self-starter comfortable working with technical team and customers in a resourceful and creative manner
- Strong organizational skills and ability to execute on multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Cyber security and/or operational experience with ICS/SCADA/sensor systems is preferred
Status: Full-time position is immediately open.
Locations: Houston,TX or Charlottesville, VA
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Participation in the Company Stock Option Plan
- Company Health Plan (Medical, Vision, Dental)
- Paid vacation plus standard company holidays
Interested candidates should email a cover letter with the subject “MSi Cyber Security Specialist Position” describing his/her background and why he/she would be a good fit for the position along with a resume to Jobs@MissionSecure.com.