Defense ICS Cybersecurity Systems Engineer
Mission Secure, Inc. (MSi) is an investor-backed, early stage cyber defense company providing next generation solutions to protect physical assets and industrial control systems (ICS) from cyber-attacks. The patented MSi Platform protects assets in defense, industrial, maritime and smart cities sectors.
Mission Secure, Inc. is looking for an ICS Cybersecurity Systems Engineer to join our Defense team and help assess, troubleshoot, and configure network equipment and environments related to our product platform. This position offers the opportunity to improve your skills, learn about new systems, and be part of or our team and exciting company aimed at protecting mission critical cyber physical systems.
- Assess network topologies, equipment and environments for cybersecurity and operational issues.
- Design defense-in-depth secure network architectures in operational technology (OT) environments.
- Install, configure, test and maintain networking/cybersecurity platforms and related equipment/systems for both MSi and customers.
- Proactively collect, research, and document new network security features/technologies for appropriate adoption.
- Monitor and test network/application performance to identify and support the development of optimizations.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for support and problem resolution
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a fulltime basis. We are unable to provide sponsorship for employment visa.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or technical equivalent.
- Network configuration and management certifications a plus.
- Experience in technical consulting, installing, configuring and troubleshooting various network equipment from various manufacturers (routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS).
- Knowledge of and experience working with IP network routing, switching and system protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, VLANs, Spanning Tree, Serial, USB, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of networking and general technical security practices.
- Experience with scripting (Python, Java, C++) a plus
- Analytical thinking self-starter comfortable working with technical team and customers in a resourceful and creative manner.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to execute on multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Hardware/operational experience with ICS/SCADA/sensor systems is a plus.
Status: Full-time position is immediately open.
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Participation in the Company Stock Option Plan
- Company Health Plan (Medical, Vision, Dental)
- Paid vacation plus standard company holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan offering
Interested candidates should email a cover letter with the subject “Defense ICS Cybersecurity Systems Engineer” describing his/her background and why he/she would be a good fit for the position along with a resume to DWard@MissionSecure.com.