Director of Business Development, Military & Defense
Mission Secure, Inc. (MSi) is a rapidly growing venture capital-backed cybersecurity company looking for a defense industry business development expert to contribute to the continued growth of the company. We provide the leading industrial control system cyber solutions to clients in the defense, industrial, maritime and smart cities sectors.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of military control systems, an interest in cybersecurity, sales experience, and desire to join an early stage cyber defense company. The work will be performed both independently and in small teams. If this describes you, please read the below responsibilities and qualifications and then contact us about this opportunity to join our team and be part of an exciting company aimed at protecting mission critical control systems and cyber physical platforms.
- Develop sales opportunities with all branches of the military, Navy in particular, to purchase MSi Cyber Advisory Services and the Mission Secure patented platform to improve cyber defense of physical systems (i.e. Navy control systems, power systems, weapons systems)
- Progress opportunities through all phases of the sales cycle including independent lead generation (and in conjunction with company marketing efforts), setting up and conducting prospect meetings, product demonstrations, proposal development, opportunity tracking via the company CRM and most importantly, closing sales.
- This is a “hunting and closing” position.
- 5+ years of a successful sales track record in the military under a base compensation plus commission structure. Focus on and experience with selling (and ideally operating) operating critical assets/platforms, physical systems used by the military is a plus.
- Current network of military decision makers who could become MSi customers and defense contractors who could become potential MSi reseller partners
- Analytical thinker, self starter, comfortable working with customer and MSi team members from a variety of technical and operational areas
- Excellent people skills to interact with customers, colleagues and third parties
- Experience working at an early stage technology company is a strong plus
- A proven track record of generating leads and closing deals is a must
Status: Full-time position is open immediately.
Location: Northern Virginia area
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary plus commission
- Participation in the Company Stock Option Plan
- Company Health Plan (Medical, Vision, Dental)
- Paid vacation plus standard company holidays
- 401(k) retirement plan offering
Interested candidates should email a cover letter with the subject “MSi Director of Business Development, Military & Defense” describing his/her background and why he/she would be a good fit for the position along with a resume to email@example.com.