Mission Secure, Inc. (MSi) is an investor-backed, early stage cyber defense company providing next generation solutions to protect physical assets and control systems from cyber attacks. The patented MSi Platform protects assets in defense, oil & gas and smart cities.
Mission Secure, Inc. is looking for a Network Engineer to help assess, troubleshoot, and configure network equipment and environments related to our product platform and work with and support our growing customers. This position offers the opportunity to improve your skills, learn about new systems, and be part of or our team and exciting company aimed at protecting mission critical cyber physical systems.
- Assess network equipment and environments for security and operational issues
- Design secure and functionally appropriate network architectures
- Install, configure, test and maintain networking and related equipment and systems for both MSi and customers
- Proactively research new technologies for appropriate adoption
- Monitor and test application performance to identify and support the development of optimizations
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for support and problem resolution
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full- time basis. We are unable to provide sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or technical equivalent
- Network configuration and management certifications a plus
- Experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting various network equipment from various manufacturers
- Knowledge of and experience working with network and system protocols including UDP TCP/IP, spanning tree, Serial, USB, etc.
- Working knowledge of networking and general technical security practices
- Analytical thinking self-starter comfortable working with technical team and customers in a resourceful and creative manner
- Strong organizational skills and ability to execute on multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to travel occasionally
- Hardware/operational experience with ICS/SCADA/sensor systems is preferred
Status: Full-time position is immediately open.
Locations: Houston,TX or Charlottesville, VA
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Participation in the Company Stock Option Plan
- Company Health Plan (Medical, Vision, Dental)
- Paid vacation plus standard company holidays
Interested candidates should email a cover letter with the subject “MSi Network Engineer Position” describing his/her background and why he/she would be a good fit for the position along with a resume to Jobs@MissionSecure.com.