VP of Product Development and Engineering
Mission Secure, Inc. (MSi) is a rapidly growing, early stage, venture-backed cyber security company. We provide transformative cyber security solutions to protect control systems and the critical physical assets they operate from cyber-attacks. The patented MSi Platform protects assets in defense, oil & gas and transportation.
We are looking for a well organized, experienced, hard working, Vice President of Product Development and Engineering to lead and work on the product development efforts of the company including design and manufacturing of the company’s hardware and software based solutions. This position will require in-depth understanding and experience in software development and hardware manufacturing, with an emphasis on cyber security and industrial control environments.
- Manage/work with the software and hardware development teams to produce the company’s software and hardware products
- Build and lead the product/engineering team (recruitment, hiring, training, managed execution)
- Product vision (defining and driving product strategy) in conjunction with other senior management team membersExecution (oversee and deliver new products and new releases on established production timelines and budgets)
- Define, justify and prioritize new features, oversee design and manage engineering and technical team for seamless execution
- Develop an in depth understanding of the competitive landscape. Work closely with the client services, sales and marketing teams, and directly with customers to ensure rapid, continued development that optimizes the input of all parties.
- Be part of the senior leadership team in establishing the strategy and direction to ensure objectives are achieved, risks are managed and the organization's resources are used responsibly
- Provide frequent reporting to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the activity, facilitate appropriate resource allocation, and continue maturity of our products & capabilities.
- Stay abreast with current & emerging operational technology / control system / industrial Internet of things / data science cyber security technologies.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full- time basis. We are unable to provide sponsorship for employment visa status.
- 10+ years of successful experience in a related or equivalent position in software development as well as designing and manufacturing hardware, electronics and/or embedded systems
- Knowledge of and experience with control systems and and/or cyber security is preferred.
- Experience working in an agile product development environment and understanding of agile tools such as Jira
- Experience collecting customer feedback and formulating into appropriate product requirements
- Strong organizational skills and ability to execute timely product delivery
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and presentational skills to senior management both internally and externally
- Experience working at an early stage technology company is a strong plus.
- Experience with contract manufacturing hardware / electronics / embedded systems is a must.
Status: Full time, position available immediately.
Location: Houston, TX
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary plus commission
- Participation in the Company Stock Option Plan
- Company Health Plan (Medical, Vision, Dental)
- Paid vacation plus standard company holidays
Interested candidates should email a cover letter describing their background and why they would be a good fit for the position and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.