Software Applications/Network Engineer
Mission Secure, Inc. is a growing, well-funded, venture capital-backed company in a dynamic and unchartered field: cybersecurity for operational technology (OT). Mission secure designs and manufactures software/hardware solutions to protect OT systems or industrial control systems. Mission Secure is both a service and product company. Over the last six years, it has developed a hardware/software solution that not only monitors but protects OT systems, providing both awareness and resiliency. Mission Secure conducts OT threat assessments for customers, recommends and installs solutions (as applicable), then conducts 24/7 monitoring as required.
The patented Mission Secure Platform protects assets across several commercial industries. This person would work on state-of-the-art solutions in the Government and Defense space, including Unmanned Aerial System and maritime projects.
We are looking for a Software Application Engineer with network experience to develop and support applications targeted for Linux, embedded, and other systems. Extensive experience in scripting languages (e.g., Python) and network experience is required. Knowledge of C/C++, cybersecurity principles, and mechanical/electrical engineering applied concepts is desirable. This individual will be a part of a highly skilled and versatile customer-facing implementation/integration team. This position offers the opportunity to improve your skills, learn about new systems, and be part of or our team and exciting company aimed at protecting mission critical cyber physical systems.
- Review and participate in software design and architecture planning
- Develop applications to support distributed data collection and analysis
- Create and implement system protocol interfaces and analytical algorithms
- Optimize applications for performance and security
- Support new and existing customer deployments
- Work with other Mission Secure staff to:
- Create platform design and documentation
- Build testing environments and participate in Quality Assurance
- Learn and build various example target/customer environments
- Support internal efforts related to MSi products
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and eligible to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or technical equivalent (desired)
- 2+ years’ experience in a related or equivalent position
- Experience with Python
- Experience in development and protection strategies using general purpose and object-oriented programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Python, or Ruby
- Experience with designing software systems for resource constrained class computing platforms (e.g., Raspberry Pi)
- Knowledge of and experience developing systems using network and system protocols including UDP TCP/IP, Serial, USB, etc.
- Working programming knowledge of standard security practices for securing and encrypting data
- Proficiency working with and configuring Linux and embedded operating systems
- Analytical thinking self-starter comfortable working with technical team and customers in a resourceful and creative manner
- Strong organizational skills and ability to execute on multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to travel occasionally
- Hardware experience with ICS/SCADA/sensor systems is preferred
Status: Full-time position is immediately open.
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia (some remote work acceptable)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Participation in the Company Stock Option Plan
- Health plan
- Paid vacation plus standard company holidays
- Flexible work hours and positive, collaborative work environment
Mission Secure is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or employment applicant based on age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Interested in this opportunity?
Interested candidates should prepare a cover letter describing their background and why they would be a good fit for the position. Please submit your cover letter and resume.