Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer
Mission Secure is an investor-backed, early stage cyber defense company providing next generation solutions to protect physical assets and control system environments from cyber attacks. The patented MSi Platform protects assets in defense, maritime, oil & gas and smart cities.
We are looking for a Senior Embedded Engineer to be responsible to architect, design and develop industrial rated network equipment related to our product platform and work with and support our growing customers. The ideal candidate for this position would share our passion in the creation of innovative product in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment. This role offers the opportunity to work with a highly effective team of security professionals at an exciting company aimed at protecting mission critical industrial systems.
- Analysis of the requirements, architecture definition, design and debugging of our networking cybersecurity devices.
- Development of source code targeting our devices.
- Analyzing and profiling existing designs and architecture to help us increase existing performance and provide insight into go forward design.
- Proactively collect, research, and document new network security features/technologies for appropriate adoption.
- Monitor and test network/application performance to identify and support the development of optimizations.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for support and problem resolution.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. We are unable to provide sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or technical equivalent.
- Programming experience in C/C++ for embedded systems including development of algorithms and implementation of highly optimized code.
- Experience and comprehensive understanding of the Linux device tree, writing Linux device drivers for both USB and PCIe and board bring-up as well as boot loader technology for monolithic image-based updates.
- Familiarity and experience with modern agile software development methodologies and practices is preferred.
- Experience with ARM or equivalent embedded microcontroller architectures.
- Knowledge of Linux embedded design using Yocto highly desired.
- Knowledge and experience in Python and shell scripting a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience working with IP network routing, switching and system protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, VLANs, Spanning Tree, Serial, USB, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of networking and general technical security practices.
Status: Full-time position is open immediately.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary plus commission
- Participation in the Company Stock Option Plan
- Company Health Plan (Medical, Vision, Dental)
- Paid vacation plus standard company holidays
Interested in this opportunity?
Interested candidates should prepare a cover letter describing their background and why they would be a good fit for the position. Please submit your cover letter and resume below.