Why Operational Technology (OT) cybersecurity for oil & gas companies?
Traditional IT cybersecurity products have historically failed to ensure the safety and reliability of OT in the event of cyber disruptions. More specifically, IT products fail to offer the visibility and protection needed for physical assets and control systems in the energy industry.
Sample Cyber Risks: Upstream
- Legacy satellite/radio communications with Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems
- Open protocols used in Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Automated emergency shutdown systems are often on the same network as PLCs
Sample Cyber Risks: Midstream
- Economic loss and environmental damage due to flow disruptions and false readings
- Compromised flow meters and sensors at remote, unmanned compressor stations
- Flat OT networks may allow attackers to traverse through control systems
Sample Cyber Risks: Downstream
- Unauthorized remote engineering access to compressor or burner management systems
- Unauthorized shutdown instructions to refinery control and safety systems
- Manipulation to storage and transfer systems by rogue or malicious employees and vendors
The patented* MSi Platform—comprised of the MSi Console, MSi IDS, MSi 1, and MSi Sentinel—takes plant, facility, SCADA and control system security to an unparalleled level. The MSi Platform is built for, tested and deployed in harsh industrial environments.
✔ Withstands operating temperatures from -20°C to +85°C
✔ Conformal-coated and mechanical fail-safe capabilities
✔ Military-strength design with industrial-grade resilience
✔ Passive "monitor-only" and active "blocking" modes
✔ No adverse impact to operations
Ready to deploy a purpose-built OT cybersecurity solution that can detect and stop cyber attacks before they impact your operations? Learn how MSi can help you today.