Defense Business Development Account Manager
Mission Secure, Inc. is a growing, well-funded, venture capital-backed company in a dynamic and unchartered field: cybersecurity for operational technology (OT). Mission secure designs and manufactures software/hardware solutions to protect OT systems or industrial control systems. Mission Secure divides its efforts into two business units, one focused on Government and Defense in Charlottesville, Virginia; the other on the commercial/industrial sector in Houston, Texas. Mission Secure is both a service and product company. Over the last six years, it has developed a hardware/software solution that not only monitors but protects OT systems, providing both awareness and resiliency. Mission Secure conducts OT threat assessments for customers, recommends and installs solutions (as applicable), then conducts 24/7 monitoring as required.
Mission Secure is building to its Government/Defense business development arm by adding a proven cyber sales member to its Government & Defense Revenue team. The ideal candidate will the following attributes and experiences:
- Proven experience in producing revenue and managing customer accounts in the Government or DoD cyber market.
- Deep expertise in any of the following areas: Government acquisition or contracting; critical infrastructure and facilities; unmanned aerial systems; maritime operations; rotary wing systems; manned aircraft.
- Significant experience in the Federal acquisition of products and services.
- A strong technical understanding of cybersecurity, networks, and computers.
- A prepared, achievement-oriented individual with a strong work ethic and penchant for timeliness, and high standards of work.
- Strong writing, especially in the creation of cogent proposals and briefings. Strong verbal and presentation skills.
- Develop market intelligence and sales opportunities to win revenue.
- Manage customer accounts through all phases of a sale: initial business development, quotes and proposals, contracting, product development, delivery, and post-sale service.
- Execute high standards of customer service and responsiveness.
- Assist in the development of sales tools and sales products to better inform customers.
- Proactively gain expertise in Mission Secure capabilities, product, and services; expertise in the Government and Defense OT market (especially, DoD/Government requirements and programs).
- Proven revenue-producing experience in the DoD/Federal market space.
- Significant knowledge of Government procurement and contract vehicles.
- Strong technical expertise in cyber or cybersecurity.
- A willingness and drive to become a technical expert in OT systems and the OT market. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders and earn the respect of internal teams, prospects, and customers.
- A willingness to travel to customer sites, as required (~5-8 days per month).
Status: Full-time position, open immediately. The position requires that the candidate be a U.S. citizen.
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia (preferred)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Base Salary plus Commission
- Participation in the Company Health Care Plan (Medical, Vision, Dental)
- Eligible to enroll in the Company 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid vacation plus standard company holidays
Mission Secure is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or employment applicant based on age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Interested in this opportunity?
Interested candidates should prepare a cover letter describing their background and why they would be a good fit for the position. Please submit your cover letter and resume.