Defense Business Development Director
Mission Secure, Inc. is a growing, well-funded, venture capital-backed company in a dynamic and unchartered field: cybersecurity for operational technology (OT). Mission secure designs and manufactures software/hardware solutions to protect OT systems or industrial control systems. Mission Secure divides its efforts into two business units, one focused on Government and Defense in Charlottesville, Virginia; the other on the commercial/industrial sector in Houston, Texas. Mission Secure is both a service and product company. Over the last six years, it has developed a hardware/software solution that not only monitors but protects OT systems, providing both awareness and resiliency. Mission Secure conducts OT threat assessments for customers, recommends and installs solutions (as applicable), then conducts 24/7 monitoring as required.
Mission Secure is building its Government/Defense business development arm by adding a Defense Department cybersecurity expert. The ideal candidate will have the following attributes and experiences:
- A Subject Matter Expert with decade(s) of experiences across a wide array of DoD and/or Federal Government in cyber positions of increasing responsibility.
- Significant experience in the Federal acquisition of products and services.
- A strong understanding of networks, computer technology, hardware, and software.
- In-depth understanding of current national-level cybersecurity issues and trends.
- A prepared, achievement-oriented individual with a strong work ethic and penchant for timeliness, and high standards of work.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Develop strategies and opportunities to win business across all branches of the military and Federal Government.
- Develop market intelligence to better poise the company to pursue the right product capabilities and customers.
- Manage customer accounts through all phases of a sale: initial business development, quotes and proposals, contracting, product development, delivery, and post-sale service.
- Execute high standards of customer service and responsiveness.
- Assist in the development of sales tools and sales products to better inform customers.
- Proactively gain expertise in Mission Secure capabilities, product, and services; expertise in the Government and Defense OT market (especially, DoD/Government requirements and programs).
- As a senior member in a small business, take on responsibilities as required for the good of the company (e.g., strategic planning, budgeting, marketing, field service, Government audits, leading project teams).
- 10+ years of a combination of business development, sales, and/or program/project management experience in the Federal Government sector.
- A willingness to travel (~5 days per month).
- Bachelors's degree is required.
Status: Full-time position, open immediately. The position requires that the candidate be a U.S. citizen.
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia (strongly preferred)
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Base Salary plus Commission
- Participation in the Company Health Care Plan (Medical, Vision, Dental)
- Eligible to enroll in the Company 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid vacation plus standard company holidays
Mission Secure is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or employment applicant based on age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Interested in this opportunity?
Interested candidates should prepare a cover letter describing their background and why they would be a good fit for the position. Please submit your cover letter and resume.