Senior Corporate ICS/OT Cybersecurity Systems Engineer
Mission Secure, Inc. (MSi) is an investor-backed, early-stage cyber defense company providing next generation solutions to protect physical assets and industrial control systems (ICS) from cyber-attacks. The patented MSi Platform protects assets in defense, oil & gas, maritime, manufacturing, and smart cities.
Mission Secure, Inc. is looking for a Senior Corporate ICS/OT Cybersecurity Systems Engineer to help lead our technical training & field enablement initiatives in addition to becoming an MSi product & services SME to help with strategic pre and post sales engagements to help assess, design, deploy, troubleshoot, and configure our cybersecurity Platform as a Service as well as various network equipment in OT/ICS environments supporting our growing customers. This position offers the opportunity to improve your skills, learn about new systems, and serve as a lead architect on our technical training, corporate demo, and overall technical field enablement programs for MSi internal teams, customers and partners. It is an important growth position within our Global Services Organization (GSO) and within our overall exciting company aimed at protecting mission critical cyber physical systems.
- Become SME on all MSi products & services and serve as lead developing our technical training program, expansion of our Corporate SE Demo Tools, and development of Pre and Post Sales SE field enablement tools.
- Serve as corporate technical lead helping with customer and partner secure designs, architectural drawings, RFI/RFP response boilerplates, technical briefs/whitepapers, and best practices.
- Assess network topologies, equipment and environments for cybersecurity and operational issues.
- Design defense-in-depth secure network architectures in operational technology (OT) environments.
- Install, configure, test and maintain networking/cybersecurity platforms and related equipment/systems for both MSi and customers.
- Proactively collect, research, and document new network security features/technologies for appropriate adoption.
- Monitor and test network/application performance to identify and support the development of optimizations.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for support and problem resolution.
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a fulltime basis. We are unable to provide sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or technical equivalent
- Excellent written and communications skills developing technical training, whitepapers/technical briefs, best practices, RFP/RFI responses and other SE, customer, and partner success enablement documents and systems.
- Excellent presentation and technical demo skills as an SE, Trainer, Architect, Analyst, and/or Evangelist.
- Network configuration and management certifications a plus.
- Experience in technical consulting, installing, configuring and troubleshooting various network equipment from various manufacturers (routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS).
- Excellent knowledge of and experience working with IP network routing, switching and system protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, VLANs, Spanning Tree, Serial, USB, etc.
- Excellent working knowledge of networking and general technical security practices.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with cybersecurity systems (firewalls, IDS, IPS, EDR, Remote Access, NAC) and protocols.
- Experience with scripting (Python, Java, C++) a plus
- Analytical thinking self-starter comfortable working with technical and sales teams and customers/partners in a resourceful and creative manner.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to execute on multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to travel (local and international).
- Hardware/operational experience with ICS/SCADA/sensor systems is a plus.
Status: Full-time position is immediately open.
Locations: Houston, TX, Charlottesville, VA, or agreed-to other US location
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Participation in the Company Stock Option Plan
- Company Health Plan (Medical, Vision, Dental)
- Paid vacation plus standard company holidays
Interested candidates should email a cover letter with the subject “Senior Corporate ICS/OT Cybersecurity Systems Engineer – Technical Training & Field Enablement” describing his/her background and why he/she would be a good
fit for the position along with a resume to DWard@MissionSecure.com.
Interested in this opportunity?
Interested candidates should prepare a cover letter describing their background and why they would be a good fit for the position. Please submit your cover letter and resume.