Securing vital resources against advanced cyber threats
Of all the resources on which civilization depends, a safe and reliable water supply may be the most essential of all.
Water and wastewater systems around the world rely on decades-old control networks that were never intended for external connectivity. Digitalization and IT/OT convergence have exposed these networks to rapidly evolving cyber threats from criminal groups and state-sponsored actors. A global leader in OT cybersecurity, Mission Secure offers proven technology and an active approach to keeping our water supply secure and resilient.
High Consequence Events: Water and Wastewater SystemsGiven their critical importance to daily life, water and wastewater systems have several adverse scenarios to consider:
- Disruption of the water supply due to control system manipulation or cyber-enabled equipment sabotage
- Disrupted operations due to ransomware attacks against IT networks
- Contamination of water supply through manipulation of filtration, disinfection, and monitoring processes
- Release of untreated sewage into the environment
Common Vulnerabilities: Water and Wastewater SystemsDigitalization has changed the way the water industry operates, but increased connectivity often means increased risk. Water and wastewater systems are subject to many common OT cyber vulnerabilities:
- Unmanaged connectivity between IT and OT networks
- Unmanaged OT-to-cloud connections
- Unpatched workstations, HMIs, controllers, or switches in OT network
- Lack of authentication, segmentation, and other cybersecurity controls in OT network
Proactive cyber defense
Mission Secure enables water and wastewater system operators to gain full visibility and control over their OT networks, and take effective action to reduce not only the chance of an intrusion, but the real-world consequences of a cyber attack.
Layered protection for legacy and newly developed systemsMission Secure is a leader in cybersecurity for operational technology and industrial control systems, helping customers gain visibility and control over their critical assets.
With unmatched threat detection and policy enforcement capabilities, Mission Secure enables effective Zero Trust architectures for customers in oil and gas, power, water, smart cities, and other industries.
The Mission Secure Platform
Mission Secure delivers the only OT cybersecurity platform that enables complete control over your environment, including visibility, anomaly and threat detection, policy enforcement, and Level 0 signal validation.