Business Development Rep, Military & Defense
Mission Secure is a rapidly growing venture capital-backed cybersecurity company looking for a defense industry business development expert to contribute to the continued growth of the company. We provide the leading industrial control system cyber solutions to clients in the defense, industrial, maritime and smart cities sectors.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of military control systems and key players, five years in cybersecurity sales, and desire to join an early stage cyber defense company. The work will be performed both independently and in small teams. If this describes you, please read the below responsibilities and qualifications and then contact us about this opportunity to join our team and be part of an exciting company aimed at protecting mission critical control systems and cyber physical platforms.
- Develop sales opportunities with all branches of the military to purchase Mission Secure Cyber Advisory Services and the Mission Secure patented platform to improve cyber defense of physical systems (i.e. control systems, power systems, weapons systems)
- Progress opportunities through all phases of the sales cycle including independent lead generation (and in conjunction with company marketing efforts), setting up and conducting prospect meetings, product demonstrations, proposal development, opportunity tracking via the company CRM and most importantly, closing sales.
- This is a “hunting and closing” position.
- 5+ years of a successful cybersecurity sales in the military under a base compensation plus commission structure.
- Focus on and experience with selling (and ideally operating) critical assets/platforms, physical systems used by the military is a strong plus.
- Current network of military decision makers who could become Mission Secure customers and defense contractors who could become potential reseller partners.
- Analytical thinker, self starter, comfortable working with customer and team members from a variety of technical and operational areas.
- Excellent people skills to interact with customers, colleagues and third parties.
- Experience working at an early stage technology company is a strong plus.
- A proven track record of generating leads and closing deals is a must.
- Relationship with Federal channels
Status: Full-time position is open immediately.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary plus commission
- Participation in the Company Stock Option Plan
- Company Health Plan (Medical, Vision, Dental)
- Paid vacation plus standard company holidays
Interested in this opportunity?
Interested candidates should prepare a cover letter describing their background and why they would be a good fit for the position. Please submit your cover letter and resume below.