Business Development Manager, Defense
Mission Secure, Inc. (MSi) is rapidly growing, early stage, venture-backed cyber security company. We provide transformative cyber security solutions to protect control systems and the critical physical assets they operate from cyber-attacks. The patented MSi Platform protects assets in defense, oil & gas and transportation.
We are looking for a hard-working, motivated sales person with a proven track record selling software and/or hardware solutions to the U.S. military. The candidate must have strong direct sales experience, knowledge of weapons systems/platforms, UAVs, an interest in cyber security, and desire to join the military sales team and a rapidly growing cyber security company. If this describes you, please read the below responsibilities, qualifications and contact us about this opportunity to join our team and be part of an exciting company with an important mission.
- Develop sales opportunities with the U.S. military, to purchase Mission Secure’s hardware/software solutions to provide cyber defense of physical systems (i.e. platform information technology, control systems, base infrastructure, UAVs, ships, ground vehicles, facilities)
- Progress opportunities through all phases of the sales cycle including independent lead generation (and in conjunction with company marketing efforts), setting up and conducting prospect meetings, product demonstrations, proposal development, opportunity tracking via the company CRM and most importantly, closing sales.
- Work with existing, and establish new, partners with military customers looking to re-sell and deploy the Mission Secure Platform.
- This is a “hunting and closing” position.
- 7+ years successful sales track record in military sales under a competitive base compensation plus commission structure. Focus on, and experience with, selling solutions to owners of weapons systems and platforms is a plus.
- Current network of military decision makers who could become MSi customers and defense contractors who could become potential MSi reseller partners
- Analytical thinker, self starter, comfortable working with customer and MSi team members from a variety of technical and operational areas
- Excellent people skills to interact with customers, colleagues and third parties
- Experience working at a rapidly growing technology company is a strong plus
- Active TS or above security clearance highly desirable
- Proven track record generating leads, building a pipeline and closing deals is a must
Status: Full-time position is open immediately.
Location: Northern Virginia, Greater Washington D.C. area, or Charlottesville, VA
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary plus commission
- Participation in the Company Stock Option Plan
- Company Health Plan (Medical, Vision, Dental)
- Paid vacation plus standard company holidays
Interested candidates should email a cover letter with the subject “Business Development Manager, Defense” describing his/her background and why he/she would be a good fit for the position along with a resume to email@example.com.